How to clean plastic from the oceans?

The oceans are alarmingly polluted.  There are large masses of plastic on the surface, microplastics inside aquatic lifeforms and unknown pollutants at the bottom of the oceans.

13 thoughts on “How to clean plastic from the oceans?

  1. “Seventy-nine thousand tons of plastic debris, in the form of 1.8 trillion pieces, now occupy an area three times the size of France in the Pacific Ocean between California and Hawaii, a scientific team reported on Thursday.

    The amount of plastic found in this area, known as the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, is “increasing exponentially,” according to the surveyors, who used two planes and 18 boats to assess the ocean pollution.” from the Washington post :

  2. Should the industries responsible for this pollution be responsible for the clean-up?

    Rivers are a major source of plastic waste into the oceans. We estimate that over 1000 rivers are accountable for 80% of global annual emissions which range between 0.8 – 2.7 million metric tons per year, with small urban rivers amongst the most polluting. The remaining 20% of plastic emissions are distributed over 30,000 rivers, represented by smaller blue dots. :

  3. My partner and I stumbled over here different page and thought I might as well check things out.
    I like what I see so i am just following you.
    Look forward to looking into your web page for
    a second time.

Leave a Reply to PtolemyPhilo Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Open Source Ideas Us

Open Source Ideas Us